Apply for SEED Scholarship
SEED Scholarships for VSU Dietetic Interns of Color SEED (Striving for Excellence and Equality in Dietetics) is a charitable foundation of dietitians working to actively improve diversity in dietetics, which elevates the entire profession. SEED is acutely aware of the significant financial barriers for dietetic interns. Our mission includes providing financial assistance for interns of color to help them overcome financial barriers and become radiant additions to the dietetic community. These funds were collected through the 2021 and 2022 All Shades 5k runs.
This is the inaugural distribution of scholarship funds, so for this year only we will disburse two scholarships of $3,000 each for a current (2022-2023 dietetic intern) and an incoming dietetic intern (2- 23-2024).
1. Identify as a person of color.
2. Resident of the United States (including Washington D.C and Puerto Rico)
3. Acceptance into the Virginia State University Dietetic Internship Program
4. Demonstrate good character via Zoom interview
Please provide the following by email to SEED@lwell.com by the deadline, April 20th, 2023.
1. Copy of unofficial transcript
3. An essay of 500 words articulating what drew you to dietetics and what impact you hope to make in the field. Please ensure your document includes relevant contact information.
Thank you for your interest in the SEED Scholarship. We wish you a bright and fruitful career in dietetics.